Proper Dojo Etiquette
Instructors will be addressed as Shihan – [David Akrish] & Sensei – [Teah Akrish] during class hours.
- Before entering & leaving the Dojo Floor
- At the beginning & closing of lessons
- Before & after training with a partner
- Before & after given a personal lesson by Shihan or Sensei
- Cellphones must be turned-off, put away and not utilized during lessons.
- Safety is of the utmost priority. This means that listening to and paying full attention to the Shihan, Sensei, your training partner and your surroundings will keep the school free of injuries and problems.
- Students must show proper respect to their Instructors as they would wish to receive the same in return.
- Students may sit or stand during while an in-class demonstration is being performed. Full attention and concentration must be placed on the moment. There is no mimicking or copying of the demo-technique during this time.
- Students must always acknowledge the readiness of their partner by bowing prior to starting any drill.
- When in doubt…slow down, take a break and inform the Sensei of any problems.
- Always be sure that your partner is READY…fast or unexpected got ya moves serve no purpose and can cause harm. They will cause a student immediate expulsion from the school.
- Mimicking, copying, moving ahead of your personal level or asking other students for lessons is not permissible. It is not necessary to ask for lessons above your level at any time. There is plenty for you to work on! Skill is built upon repetitiveness to make it second nature.
- If late to class, bow in and resume the ongoing training at hand.
- No alcohol, illicit drugs use, chewing gum, swearing, spitting or smoking is allowed during class hours.
- Please remove hand or facial jewelry prior to class time. Proper hygiene must be practiced and adhered to.
- No sparring or unauthorized training during class hours. This will cause a student immediate expulsion from the school.
- Honor and respect is the basis of all martial art systems. Foul language, dirty jokes, disrespect to anyone or the dojo can cause immediate expulsion.